Christmas. Just around the corner. Here are a few of the foods I’d like to make, time permitting:
- some kind of vegan version of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s roast beetroot with horseradish dressing,
- Cider-Marinated Tofu Turkeys a la BitterSweet (except I guess it should be pig rather than turkey shaped seeing as ham is traditional; don’t expect me to manage any decorative cutting, though),
- a simple swede casserole,
- something fun with brussels sprouts, I love ’em; also frozen peas, got to have those,
- a rhubarb chutney – but what‘s a good recipe? I need to decide before I get the rest of the ingredients…
- something sweet from the approximately million and ten sweet recipes I’ve got bookmarked :)
We’ll see how much I actually have time and energy and opportunity to cover. I already have many of the ingredients so something had better materialise.
#reverb10 prompt: Future self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)
Serious reverberation fatigue over here, but luckily this prompt is simple enough. Same answer to both questions: life is now. That is all.