It’s a new year and people have been making resolutions and wish lists and whatnots, and one of the things around the internets is this 10 goals/wishes/promises for the new year (or decade?) list. And here’s little old me with a stupid cold, dreaming about skiing and getting rather bored of myself, and I thought: I’ll come up with ten things that would make life better this year. Goals if you will.
- Relax more. Learn to relax. I’ve always been too jumpy and impatient to meditate but maybe I should give it a go.
- Eat more raw vegetable foods. Go easy on the sugars and grains and nuts.
- Keep running. Running is good.
- More yoga. Yoga is good, too.
- That “less computer more life” thing was really good. More of that as well. (Life = sleep, mainly.)
- Have no fear. If an opportunity presents itself, accept it. If it doesn’t, go looking for it.
- Don’t worry. If you have to worry, only worry about each thing once.
- Change jobs. Embrace the unknown.
- Talk to people. Embarrassment never killed anyone. The older you get, the less you care (or remember).
- Put on your own oxygen mask before helping others. When it matters.
A little…trite? Perhaps. But quite important.